Phil-Vision offers training for image processing software Sherlock
17.01.2023 - Phil-Vision is offering several beginner training courses for Teledyne Dalsa's Sherlock image processing software. Starting on February 14, 2023.
Sherlock from Teledyne Dalsa is a user-friendly image processing software suitable for many automated inspection applications. The software can be used to graphically create applications with area scan cameras, line scan cameras or 3D profile sensors using drag & drop and script. The graphical development environment offers many useful tools and functions, such as measurement or color tools, tools for image analysis or inspection, positioning and reading, as well as pre-processors and flexible area and line ROI.
Phil-Vision's beginner training courses are aimed at developers of image processing solutions with no prior knowledge of Sherlock. However, a basic knowledge of image processing is helpful.
- Image capture and handling multiple image windows
- Scaling and calibration of image data
- Tracking and dynamic recalculation of inspection areas
- Introduction to tools (measurement, text recognition (OCR), object search, code recognition, colour inspection, contour measurement, blob analysis)
- Communication with external units (e.g. PLC)
- Creation of sample applications including image acquisition, calibration, positioning, evaluation, communication
- Creation of log files and storage of images
Dates and registration
The next Sherlock training courses will take place on the following dates: February 14, 23 / April 25, 23 / June 20, 23 / September 19, 23.
Training location is in each case Puchheim, Germany. Registrations are possible via the website, where you can also find more information.