High Frame Rates with New Falcon Cameras
Dalsa launched four new models in the Falcon high performance area scan camera family. Three of the color models are part of Dalsa's Falcon High Gain (HG) series, and one is part of its extended dynamic range (XDR) series. With the high resolution and speed of these new Falcon cameras, machine vision systems can be created to inspect more products, in more detail, in a shorter amount of time.
With these new models, the Falcon series of machine vision cameras enables color inspection, along with fast frame rates, excellent image quality, and Global shutter CMOS technology. There are three resolutions in the High Gain (HG) series, the Falcon 1.4M100 HG at 1.4 megapixels, the 1M120 HG at 1 megapixel, and the VGA300 HG at VGA resolution. In addition, Dalsa offers a Falcon 1.4M100 XDR, (extended dynamic range) version for applications where image quality is absolutely critical.
Mark Butler, Product Manager at Dalsa says, "Color is important in machine vision inspection because it more closely matches human vision, facilitating easier identification of defects, or identification of objects based on color. These new Falcon cameras are ideal for any machine vision application that demands color images at high speed, including electronics, semiconductor and print inspection, as well as industrial metrology."
Key features include:
- Color imaging at high frame rates: 1.4M @ 100 frames per second (fps), 1M @ 120fps and VGA @ 300fps
- High speed, individual color gain and offset control for white balancing
- Global shutter imaging to crisply capture moving objects
- Flat-field correction for optimal image quality
- Low power allows for Power over Camera Link (PoCL) which eliminates an extra power supply and cable from the system
- Enhanced transmission distance exceeding 10 m distances with Camera Link
605 McMurray Road
N2V 2E9 Waterloo
+1 519 886 6000
+1 519 886 8023